When a defendant is convicted of a crime the judge may order they pay restitution, which is reimbursement paid by the defendant to the victim. Restitution may cover the cost of property damage and loss, medical expenses, and some lost wages. For additional information about what types of losses qualify for restitution, please see our Restitution Brochure (English or Spanish).

Victims who would like to request restitution may complete a property or personal injury loss form and submit it to the District Attorney's Office. It is important for victims to complete the form as accurately as possible with documentation of losses. Supporting documentation, such as bills and receipts, should be submitted with the restitution request.

Please see the Forms & Brochures page to find the restitution request forms in English and Spanish.